CREATIVE ADVERTISING

 

While teaching speech and drama in Bible college I had the privilege of working with one of the funniest people I have ever met (funny in a good way.) His name was John Katsion, and he is now the producer of a weekly podcast called “The Baldhead Bible.” In order to advertise his podcast, John prepares ads for Facebook and Instagram which I always find amusing. You can see one of those with the article.

When preparing his ads, John googles the Bible character in his story for that week to see what pictures might be available. When he finds one which looks like it has potential to be humorous, he says he “stares at it until something funny hits me.” When inspiration hits he adds text to the picture.

John speaks often at summer Bible camps. This summer he will be at three different camps speaking for six weeks. The Baldhead Bible Podcast began with those summer sermons, but almost two hundreds episodes later he has moved beyond those initial sermons. His most recent preparation involves stories from Ezra and Nehemiah.

“Remember those contests in magazines where they provided a picture and you were to give a caption?” writes John. “I never did that. So this is my attempt to make up for a lost childhood.”

I’m just thankful that John’s lost childhood adds flavor to life, or maybe to my second childhood.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THANKSGIVING QUIZ ANSWERS 2023

ANNUAL CHRISTMAS QUIZ ANSWERS 2023

CREATIVE FAMILY GROWTH