CREATIVE ADVICE

 

Once in a while a book comes along which I wish I had been able to read when I was younger.

Beguiled by Brothers, by Joseph Nemer is just such a book. Writing from the perspective of thirty-four years as a pastor in Michigan, Nemer offers practical advice for those who face conflict in ministry. “Dealing with difficult people is one of the most problematic and strenuous tasks for pastors who are called by God to faithfully preach Christ and His Word and to unselfishly serve their congregations,” he writes.

The book provides Biblical examples of betrayal, discusses the effect of conflict on the pastor’s family, and offers practical solutions for both prevention and proper handling of conflict.

In appendices Dr. Nemer also offers some case studies from a survey and guidelines for churches facing conflict.

I know personally that some of the conflicts my father faced in ministry affected the way I handled certain situations in my own ministry. I would highly recommend this book for young pastors and their families as well as those who find themselves in difficult situations in present ministry.

Joseph has also written Faith vs. Duplex Man. Both books are available from Amazon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THANKSGIVING QUIZ ANSWERS 2023

ANNUAL CHRISTMAS QUIZ ANSWERS 2023

CREATIVE FAMILY GROWTH