CREATIVE SHORT STORY


 

Allow me a moment of parental pride.

In chapter 45 of “Dare to Walk on Water: Creative Like God” I wrote a DARE encouraging believers to write in all genres: historical fiction, Chick Lit, westerns, sci-fi and short stories.

Our son Christopher has done that. His book of short stories, “A Diversity of Things,” became available this week. Diverse is certainly an appropriate title description. While not overtly religious, the stories emerge from a solid biblical world-view.

My first comment on reading the stories was, “You have required us to think without telling us what to think.” Brief explanations concerning the impetus for each story shed some light on the mysterious behavior of the creative process.

Granddaughter Brea Hanson contributed the cover art work.

You will find the stories challenging, sometimes perplexing, but always interesting. My favorite has to be “Noel,” which changed forever my thinking concerning the betrothal of Mary and Joseph as well as the human pain and suffering which welcomed the Messiah to our sinful world. He was from the beginning “a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief.”

I know Chris is our son. I know my recommendation arises from pride. I admit that freely.

But allow me that moment of pride, and read the book for yourself. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THANKSGIVING QUIZ ANSWERS 2023

ANNUAL CHRISTMAS QUIZ ANSWERS 2023

CREATIVE FAMILY GROWTH