CREATIVE PERSPECTIVE

 


I have worked for a number of ministries in the last sixty years. Two of them stand out in my mind because of the perspective modeled by their leaders.

One man would often say, “If you think things are bad now, just wait a year.”

Another man would often say, “I can’t wait to see what God is going to do in the year to come.”

Both perspectives are seemingly supported by scripture. II Timothy 3:13 says, “evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse.” Philippians 1:6 says, “being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.”

Since the Word of God does not contradict itself, we know that both truths exist.  Evil will continue to grow greater until the day of Christ, and the good work of God in our lives will continue to progress until He returns.

But what is my perspective? If I focus on the increase of evil, it will be very easy to develop a negative attitude toward life. Discouragement may prevail, causing me to despair of accomplishing anything for God because evil has conquered. I may lose sight of the light which still shines around me.

If I focus on the good work of God, I will still see the darkness. At the same time, I will understand that the darker the night, the brighter the light. My candle will burn. I will take notice of the thousand points of light which still flicker, unquenched by the evil in the world.

I choose to shine. And I choose to focus on the light of others serving God through Christian creativity. It’s what the Lord recommended as well in Matthew 5:16. “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THANKSGIVING QUIZ ANSWERS 2023

ANNUAL CHRISTMAS QUIZ ANSWERS 2023

CREATIVE FAMILY GROWTH