CREATIVE SHARE-A-THON

 


When I was a young man working my way through seminary, I had a program on WCTS called “Music and Poetry.” That was soon after the station began broadcasting in 1965. I also filled a time-slot in the early morning which consisted mainly of news and music. It was during that time that I would often play a cut from and record of the song “I’ll Never Be Lonely Again.” That was a subliminal message to my fiancée down at Pillsbury Baptist Bible College in Owatonna, Minnesota. That song let her know that I was on the air and was thinking of her.

WCTS is still on the air and this week they have been holding their Share-a-Thon. Their phone center has been busy taking calls. Special guests have been interviewed by Program Director Steve Davis. A financial goal has been set which will help them continue to present gospel programming for the year to come.

“WCTS Radio exists to minister the message of the Gospel to our community through music and Bible teaching. We also stream programming to listeners around the world.” That is the stated purpose of the station. It can be heard at AM 1030 and FM 97.9 as well as online at www.wctsradio.com.

If you can donate to the Share-a-Thon, they would love to hear from you at 763-417-8270. Or simply listen at any of the places listed above.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THANKSGIVING QUIZ ANSWERS 2023

ANNUAL CHRISTMAS QUIZ ANSWERS 2023

CREATIVE FAMILY GROWTH