CREATIVE LITURGIES


 

Missionary Seth Grotzke ministers in Spain near the route of the Camino de Santiago, known in English as the Way of St. James. Upwards of 200,000 people make the pilgrimage each year along with hikers, cyclers, and organized tour groups.

Walking alongside the pilgrims on the Way offers the Grotzkes many opportunities to make friends and share the Gospel. One day a new friend who opened up to Seth about some difficulties in life said, “I want to pray, I just don’t know how.” That conversation became the impetus for a short volume of prayers called Liturgies for the Pilgrim, as well as two other short books.

The liturgies include such fascinating titles as “A liturgy for when the mountain seems so tall,” and “A Liturgy for when I realize I have been walking for miles in bitterness.” Offering the book as a gift to a fellow pilgrim leads to deep conversations and spiritual encounters.

“The idea for the resource came at first from my own need,” writes Seth. “There have been times when I feel like I have nothing to pray. Using the Psalms as my prayerbook is the only way I can seem to get anything out.” Liturgies for the Pilgrim has become his own personal prayerbook.

When pilgrims begin sharing their reasons for walking the Camino de Santiago he asks for permission to pray for them and offers the book as a resource. The response has been abundant.

You can purchase an ebook copy of Liturgies for the Pilgrim from Amazon for just 99 cents.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THANKSGIVING QUIZ ANSWERS 2023

ANNUAL CHRISTMAS QUIZ ANSWERS 2023

CREATIVE FAMILY GROWTH